Thursday, September 3, 2015

Prayer Collage as Kids Move On and Out


I made this collage today while I was feeling sad about my kids growing up and moving on and out.  I am delighted and grateful that they are adventuresome, confident and responsible to want to learn and grow, serve and work, and I celebrate that.  But there are still losses to grieve and feelings to face honestly, especially after raising and homeschooling them for 25 years (with two years yet to go with our youngest).  What a shock 25 years ago to suddenly adjust to my time and my sleep not being my own, for this introvert to have to expend energy interacting with kids most of the day and into the night.  And what a shock to now face quiet days and an empty (or nearly empty) house.

These days God doesn't let me dwell on the negative for long without also recognizing the positive.  Here are the words that came to me as I pondered and prayed my collage:

Emptiness.  Autumn.  Twilight.  Leaving.  Kids gone.  Sadness.  Loneliness.  Seeking.  Age.  Grieving.

Solitude.  Memories.  Joy.  Gratitude.  Harvest.  Letting go.  Flight.  Watching over.  Growth.  Maturity.  Celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment